Attention Love Birds Brigantessa Will Be Hosting a New Intimate Wine Dinner Series
On Thursday, July 21 at 6:30 p.m., Brigantessa will host special guest Sean Faeth of The Artisan’s Cellar for a special Sicilian Wine Dinner, featuring four courses and four wines, plus lively, convivial conversation with Faeth about the featured wines and pairings. Inspired by Italian dinner-table conversations about food and wine, this intimate event is limited to just 12 guests, and will kick off an ongoing series of similar meals with Faeth designed to introduce guests to the rare and delicious wines of southern Italy.
Fans of sister restaurant Le Virtù’s famed 40-course La Panarda dinner may recall chatting with Faeth about wines during that hours-long event; these wine dinners will be similarly friendly and casual, with guests invited to talk about wine “as Bacchus intended”: while relaxing around a communal table, with a knowledgeable and welcoming guide, while enjoying traditional dishes that are meant to pair with these artisanal wines. At just $75 per person, plus tax and gratuity, these affordable meals are a trip to southern Italy minus the trans-Atlantic flight and haggles with customs and immigration.
The menu for Thursday, 7/21, featuring wines and dishes from Sicilia, will include:
- Wood-Grilled Sardines with shaved fennel, citrus and salmoriglio, paired with
- Marabino Muscatedda Moscato di Noto Secco 2014 (Moscato di Noto)
- Meyer Lemon Spaghetti with Manila clams and yellow piennolo tomatoes, paired with
- Susucaru No. 7 Terre Siciliane Rosato IGT 2014 (Nerello Mascalese, Malvasia, Cattaratto)
- Braised Rabbit Leg with artichoke caponata and couscous sardo, paired with
- Gurrieri Vini La Favola Fravolato IGT 2012 (Nero d’Avola, Frappato)
- Baked Ricotta Cheesecake with wood-roasted apricots and chocolate-toasted almond croccante, paired with
- Le Cantine di Indie Polpo Rosso IGT 2014 (Nerello Mascalese)