Franklin Square’s Summer Splash Will Feature a Beer Garden and Free Yoga & Dance Lessons!
Celebrate Franklin Square’s 15th Season with Summer Splash in Franklin Square: Wednesdays – Saturdays, July 14 – August 28 with tons of free activities for the whole family. Free yoga, dance lessons, sets by DJ Robert Drake, Historic Philadelphia Storytelling Benches, and Free Library Storytime, and more.
Thursdays to Saturdays only, the Franklin Square Beer Garden by Cescaphe, is open 5 – 10 pm. Plus, enjoy your Franklin Square favorites including the Fountain Show, Philly Mini Golf, the Parx Liberty Carousel and SquareBurger operated by Cooperage.
Summer Splash Includes:
- Franklin Square Beer Garden by Cescaphe, Thursdays – Saturdays, 5 – 10 pm – Take a seat in the new beer and cocktail garden under a translucent tent with rustic garden chic décor. Soak up all that the park has to offer while enjoying music Thursday through Saturday. Beer and cocktails will be served at the bar. Also, order delicious meals and snacks by Cescaphe from your seat, using the QR code menu to order. Fun games such as cornhole, Connect4, and more add to the revelry.
- Summer Splash Wednesdays, July 14 – August 25 Yoga in the Square, 5:30 – 6:30 pm – Bring a yoga mat and join the instructor for a guided journey to wellness. Register in advance. Look for the yoga flag upon arrival. FREE.
- Free Dance Lessons, 6:30 – 7:15 pm – Grab those dancing shoes as Concierge Ball Room presents free dance lessons with a different genre each week.
• July 14: Swing Dance
• July 21: Hip Hop
• July 28: Tango
• August 4: Jazz
• August 11: Salsa
• August 18: House Dance
• August 25: Hustle
- Summer Splash Thursdays, July 15 – August 26, Live DJ, 5 – 9:30 pm –
Longtime fan of Franklin Square, Philly DJ Robert Drake (WXPN) spins some popular tunes, with rotating genres each week.
- Summer Splash Fridays and Saturdays, July 16 – August 28, Live Music, 5 – 9:30 pm – A variety of local acoustic artists entertain guests.
- Franklin Square Fountain Show has DAILY performances every 30 minutes from 12 p.m. until closing.
- The Fountain Show features dancing water effects and colored lights choreographed to a selection of one of six songs that rotate:
• “Gonna Fly Now” by Bill Conti, Theme from Rocky
• “Beautiful Day” by U2
• “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
• “Motownphilly” by Boyz II Men
• “Firework” by Katy Perry
• “Under the Sea” by Howard Ashman from “The Little Mermaid”