Where to Celebrate National Watermelon Day in Philly, All of the Best Watermelon Dishes & Drinks
- Tuna Poké. Watermelon. Wasabi puffed rice. Tuna. Nori. Ginger-soy marinade. $10.50
- Aloha Mr. Burg. Fresh squeezed watermelon juice. Rum. Sake. Velvet Falernum. Mint. $9
- Pictures attached
- Heirloom Tomato + Watermelon Salad with Parmesan vinaigrette. $10
- Picture attached
- Spicy Watermelon Margarita: Muddled Watermelon & Fresno chile, Milagro tequila, Elderflower liquer, lime, simple and salt rim. $11
Grilled Watermelon Salad Feta, black berries, red onions, radish, arugula, cherry tomatoes, cilantro lime vinaigrette. $13
- OR on Thursday, August 3rd @ 5pm challenge your friends to The Great Greased Watermelon Race on the patio. The race/obstacle course will be supplemented with watermelon themed beers from 21st Amendment, Terrapin, and more.
- Margarita and salad images attached.
- Thursday, August 3rd 5p-11p – beer maven, Erin Wallace and Executive Chef Paul Trowbridge have curated a bevy of watermelon features. Guests will enjoy a draft line up that boasts: Terrapin Watermelon Gosé, 21st Amendment Watermelon Funk, and Ballast Point Watermelon Dorado, plus 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon in cans.
Cocktails with include watermelon mimosas, frozen watermelon caipirinhas boozy popsicles, and the Sandìa, a bright, refreshing cocktail made with Liberty Pole Bassett White Rye Whiskey, fresh watermelon juice, 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon Wheat & a salted lime syrup $10 (image attached).
- Watermelon Elyx cocktail featuring Absolute Elyx, Uncle Val’s Gin, Basil simple syrup, Watermelon puree, lime juice, hella ginger bitters. $15
- Photo attached
- Summer Ceviche. Halibut, watermelon, Jalapeño, cucumber, red onion, & tomatoes in a citrus marinade. $11
- Image attached
P’unk Burger | 1823 East Passyunk Philadelphia, PA 19148 | http://punkburger.com/
East Passyunk Avenue’s organic burger, fry and shake hotspot celebrates National Watermelon Day with their August special salad. Normally priced $9, enjoy the Watermelon Mint and Feta salad for only $5. Features spring mix with diced fresh watermelon, chopped mint, cucumber, feta cheese finished with lime juice and extra virgin olive oil.
The Little Lion | 243 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106 | https://thelittlelionphilly.
The Little Lion brings back its seasonal summer favorite perfect for sipping during those boozy brunches or during Old City Eats weekly happy hour in Old City District. The Watermelon Margarita features fresh watermelon, tequila and fresh squeezed lime. Available on special all day for $5.00.
The Cambridge | 1508 South Street | Philadelphia, PA 19146 | http://www.cambridgeonsouth.
The Cambridge on South Street debuts a brand menu in time for late summer and early fall – including the Waterloo featuring Plymouth Gin, Campari, Lemon Juice and Fresh Watermelon. Perfect to sip during happy hour, brunch or enjoy in the beautiful back courtyard patio. Available on special for $5.00.
Cinder Copper & Lace | 1500 Locust St Philadelphia, PA 19102 | https://www.facebook.com/
For those who like their watermelon with a little kick, Cinder Copper & Lace is tapping a line of Une Annee Le Seul XVII. This blonde sour beer brewed with watermelon and pineapple then stainless steel aged. Available on special for $5.00.
Taproom on 19th | 2400 S. 19th (Ritner) Philadelphia, PA 19145 | http://taproomon19th.com/
Taproom on 19th celebrates National Watermelon Day with the Watermelon Bleu Cheese Salad with fresh watermelon, bleu cheese crumbles, red onion and toasted pecans. They say that salt on the melon makes it ever so sweeter, and this is the perfect sweet-salty combination for late summer. Available all weekend this week but $2.00 off on National Watermelon Day.
Bridget Foy’s | 200 South Street Philadelphia, PA 19147 | www.bridgetfoys.com
Bridget Foy’s celebrates summer with the return of the Watermelon Mint Collins. This seasonal twist on the standard Tom Collins is made with a Vodka or gin base, juicy watermelon, mint and lemon topped with club soda. Kick one back while enjoying the view from the porch of Headhouse Square. Available on special for $5.00.
Hawthorne’s Cafe | 738 S 11th St Philadelphia, PA 19147 | http://www.hawthornecafe.com/
This Bella Vista beer cafe is serving cans of Hell or High Watermelon Wheat beer all day. Made with fresh watermelon, this classic American wheat beer is the perfect summer beverage. Only $2.00 per can on special during National Watermelon Day.