Philly Ranks #10 for For Best Basketball Fans According to Recent Study
With the NBA Finals kicking off on May 31 and the league allowing teams to sell ad space on uniforms as of 2017, estimated to generate $100 million to $150 million in yearly revenue, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018’s Best & Worst Cities for Basketball Fans.
To find the best cities for professional- and college-basketball fans, WalletHub compared more than 290 of the largest cities across 21 key metrics, ranging from the performance level of each city’s NBA and NCAA Division 1 basketball teams to ticket prices to stadium accessibility.
Basketball Fandom in Philadelphia (1=Best, 145=Avg.):
- 27th – Performance Level of NBA Team(s)
- 139th – Performance Level of NCAA Div. 1 Basketball Team(s)
- 7th – Avg. Ticket Price for NBA Game
- 21st – NBA Stadium Capacity
- 7th – Number of NBA Championship Wins
- 7th – Number of NCAA Div. 1 Basketball Championship Wins
- 2nd – NBA Attendance
- 25th – NBA Fan Engagement
- 127th – College Basketball Fan Engagement
Philadelphia ranks 10th overall and 9th among large cities.
For the full report, please visit: