MILKBOY BECOMES MILKGIRL IN CELEBRATION OF WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH
In celebration of National Women’s History Month, MilkBoy will become MilkGirlthis March, for a 12-day celebration, including an all-female comedy show, rocking girl-gang, karaoke, a beer release, and more, from Monday, March 4 to Friday, March 15 benefitting Girls Behind the Rock Show.
For nearly two weeks, across two different cities, some of the leading ladies in comedy, music and beer will come together to celebrate female-driven arts, music and culture. Tickets for each event will benefit Girls Behind the Rock Show, a charity dedicated to helping young women become involved in the music scene.
“The MilkGirl pop-up aims to celebrate the achievements and strides that women have made in the entertainment industry with the hopes to inspire more to fulfill their dreams,” said Jamie Lokoff, co-owner of MilkBoy. “Only five percent of performances at MilKBoy ArtHouse are by women, so we’re working to increase the representation of women in our venues with this all-female party benefitting Girls Behind the Rock Band.”
MilkGirl South Street:
- Thursday, March 7 at 9 pm – Sara Sher of Sing Your Life Karoke hosts Women Who Rock Karaoke with songs by female-led bands
- Friday, March 8 at 8 pm – “Women Who Kill It… In Comedy” with some of the greater Philadelphia area’s funniest women:
- Chanel Ali, a standup comedian who blossomed on the Philadelphia circuit who is currently cast in multiple shows such as MTV’s The Girl Code
- Alyssa Al-Dookhi, an Arab American comedian who recently performed at the 2018 Women in Comedy Festival presented by HBO
- Latice Klapa, a weekly radio show host who has performed on The View for “Hilarious Housewives.”
- Tan Hoan, a Philly local seen at Philadelphia’s Bechdel Test Fest
- Saturday, March 9 at 8 pm – Laughs on Philly Presents: Abby Rosenquist and Peggy O’Leary
MilkGirl Philly (Chestnut Street)
- Friday, March 15, 5-8 pm – Extended happy hour with female-owned, New Belgium Brewing // Imbibers will receive an exclusive first-look at Mural, a new aqua fresca style beer. This light and refreshing beer, brewed with watermelon, lime, hibiscus and lime, will be exclusively available at MilkBoy Philly until it is released to the public in April. A female DJ will set the mood with music from female artists.
Ticket prices for MilkGirl performances vary from venue to venue and performance to performance. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door at each venue. For more information about pricing, dates, and times, go to: www.MilkGirl2019.com.