This week, La Peg at FringeArts will reopen The Seafood Shack, welcoming the warm weather with the return of their gorgeous outdoor patio and bar on the banks of the Delaware River in Old City. Chef Peter Woolsey crafted a new menu for 2017, bringing back some greatest hits and adding fresh, affordable new dishes perfect for enjoying with a drink al fresco.
Featured dishes will include:
- Lobster Roll, a split-top toasted roll filled with mayonnaise-dressed lobster salad, served with potato salad and coleslaw for just $18
- Crab Roll, the lobster roll’s mid-Atlantic sibling, also served with potato salad and coleslaw for $16
- Fish’n’Chips, beer-battered cod with tartar sauce, lemon, coleslaw and fries for $14
- Fried Clam Strips with tartar sauce and lemon for $12
- Grilled Salmon with tomato-cucumber-red onion salad with mint in a red wine vinaigrette for $16
- Fast Food Burger with “special sauce,” pickles, onion and Cooper’s Sharp Cheddar for $7
- Garden Salad with soft and bitter lettuces, carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and ranch dressing for $7
- Sides of Fries ($4), Potato Salad ($3) and Coleslaw ($2)
Other Spring Events
In addition to the debut of the Haas Biergarten, La Peg is home to a variety of fun and playful spring events, all leading up to their popular Summer Movie Series. Guests can also enjoy a late meal; food is available until 11:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights. Upcoming events include:
- Friday, May 12: The legendary Get Pegged Cabaret (click for tickets) returns to La Peg, co-hosted and curated by John Jarboe, beginning at 10:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 17: La Peg’s Indoor Film Series will conclude with Eraserhead (click for tickets), featuring a screening of the David Lynch classic paired with a fun, themed dish from Chef Woolsey for $20 per person beginning at 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 26: DJ Dame Luz will play, kicking off every-other-Saturday DJ parties. The dance party will last from 10:30 p.m. until 2 a.m., and will continue every other Saturday with a rotating line-up of DJs, including Dame Luz every first Saturday of the month, all summer long.