Jet Wine Bar to Celebrate Historical Women With “Adventurous Women I Love” Wine Tasting
In celebration of National Women’s History Month, Jill Weber, Jet Wine Bar Owner and Wining Archaeologist, is toasting to pioneering, fearless and just-plain-awesome women with two “Adventurous Women I Love” wine tastings on Tuesday, March 5th and Wednesday, March 6th from 6:30-8:30 pm.
As an archaeologist and wine enthusiast, Jill Weber’s tastings are truly unique and are inspired by her global travels and experiences. This installment of Jet Wine Bar’s Time Traveler Tasting series will transport imbibers to different regions and time periods, while digging deeper into the history of the wine and the people who make them. Each wine in these tastings will be tied to a bada** woman from history.
The women and their wine pairings:
- Jamsheed, Illaj Pinot Noir Victoria (2017)
- Enheduanna — 2500 BC — world’s first published poet, daughter of Sargon, wife of the moon god
- Vinkara, Kalecik Karasi (2014) a female founded vineyard outside of Ankara
- Queen Zenobia — AD 200-ish — challenged Roman rule of Palmyra, expanded the Palmyrene Empire as its ruler, took Roman lands up to Ankara
- Finca Antigua, La Mancha Viura El Palomar (2015)
- Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz — 17th c AD — scholar and saint of New Spain – Mexico
- Csetvei Pincészet, Mór Juhfark (2015), a Hungarian winery founded by a woman
- Flora Sass — 18th/19th c AD, Hungarian by birth, became Lady Florence Baker, co-discovered Lake Albert
- Falesco, Est! Est!! Est!!! di Montefiascone Le Pòggere (2017)
- Wilma Rudolph — 20th c AD — American sprinter who overcame polio to become the world’s fastest woman, famous after Rome Olympics
Tickets for each tasting are $40 and include the five wines and light snacks. Guests will also receive 15% off their bar tab as well as special pricing on bottles of the evening’s wines to-go. Tickets can be purchased here.