Jet Wine Bar is Hosting Several Pop-ups This Month Including an African Diaspora Pop-up & a Tapas Pop-up
Jet Wine Bar, Philadelphia’s “global vineyard” located on South Street, is hosting an array of rotating pop-up events this month that will attract foodies and wine enthusiasts alike. Join the team of experts at Jet Wine Bar as they collaborate with special guests to host events celebrating global cuisine including an African Diaspora Pop Up with Brown’s Test Kitchen on Friday, September 17, a tapas pop-up presented by Chef Bruno LeMieux- Ruibal of Pincho Bento on Friday, September 24, and a specialty Rioja Wine Tasting on Tuesday, September 28.
Chef Ryan Brown, executive chef and proprietor of Brown’s Test Kitchen, will be serving up native African dishes at Jet Wine Bar on Friday, September 17 from 5-9pm. Guests can dig into classic dishes including Kelewele, Yuca Nachos, Shrimp and Grits, Peach Cobbler, and Curry Chicken Cheesesteak Sliders while sipping on wines from around the world, courtesy of Jet Wine Bar.
Chef Ryan Brown immerses diners into his personal ancestral history with his culinary exploration of soul food, prominently featuring barbecue & African flavors. Cooking helps Brown connect with the lost pieces of his heritage, especially while learning new dishes that are an homage to the native flavors and African diaspora, from both his mother and grandmother. Reservations not required.
BROWN’S TEST KITCHEN POP-UP MENU:
- Kelewele – Fried sweet plantains seasoned in a spicy Ghanaian rub served with roasted peanuts
- Yuca Nachos – Crispy Cassava Chips with your choice of sazón spice jackfruit or crispy pork belly loaded with white cheddar queso, corn salsa, Oaxaca cheese, and finished with a spicy African tomato sauce
- Curry Chicken Cheesesteak Sliders – Chicken stewed in Jamaican curry sauce with cheddar cheese wiz served on an Italian steak roll
- Shrimp & Grits – Lemon Pepper Shrimp in a garlic butter sauce served over cheesy Cajun grits and topped with crispy pork belly
- Peach Cobbler
Next up, Chef Bruno LeMieux-Ruibal of Pincho Bento joins Jet Wine Bar for a pop-up event on Friday September 24 from 5-9pm starring a lineup of fresh Spanish tapas to share, including vegan, vegetarian, and pescatarian options. See the full pop-up menu below.
PINCHO BENTO POP-UP MENU:
- Croquetas de Setas y Queso – Vegetarian mushroom & cheese croquettes
- Croquetas de Jamón – Spanish ham croquettes
- Patatas Aioli – Vegetarian Spanish potatoes in garlic mayo
- Pulpo a la Gallega – Galician-style octopus
- Gambas al Ajillo – Garlic shrimp with chili peppers
- Gazpacho – Vegan chilled Andalusian tomato soup
- Paella “Salad” – A summer twist on the classic dish (pescatarian, served chilled)
Finally, wrapping up the month of September at Jet Wine Bar is the Rioja Wine Tasting, presented by Orr Reches of Ole & Obrigado Imports, held on September 28 from 6-8pm. During the event, experts will guide imbibers through a tasting of rare wines from the lesser-known Sierra de la Demanda sub region of Rioja, Spain. Admission is $45 and includes light bites and hors d’oeuvres from the kitchen at Jet Wine Bar, with an a la carte specialty cocktail also available featuring Nordés Spanish Gin.
Tickets are available to purchase HERE.