The Bourse Food Hall to Host Weekend-Long Art Star CRAP Bazaar
Art Star, a local boutique selling handmade artist designed goods located at The Bourse Food Hall, Old City’s artisan food hall on Independence Mall, is hosting The Art Star CRAP Bazaar, a weekend-long rummage sale and fundraising event featuring crafts, wares and goods from over twenty local vendors, benefitting two Pennsylvania-based non-profits, on Saturday, September 18 and Sunday, September 19 from 11 am – 5 pm.
The annual fundraising event, a quirky take on Art Star’s popular annual Craft Bazaar, will be held in the retail space located to the left of The Bourse Food Hall’s Fifth Street entrance and will feature twenty crafters and their “seconds” – items that didn’t quite make the cut, samples, one-offs, etc. – at discounted prices. All sales are final and 25% of profits will be donated to two local nonprofits, ACLU of Pennsylvania and The Village of The Arts and Humanities.
“The Art Star CRAP Bazaar is the perfect place to find a handmade treasure at a great price,” said Megan Brewster, Co-Owner of Art Star. “There will be no fancy booth displays and no frills, just a bunch of big tables piled with stuff to rummage through – items from past seasons, items that vendors are just trying to get rid of, that are slightly ‘off’, but awesome all the same. It’s a really unique opportunity for craft lovers in Philly!”
The Art Star CRAP Bazaar is free to attend. Attendees are encouraged to enjoy lunch, dinner and bites before or after from select food hall vendors such as Freebyrd Chicken, Rebel Taco, Abunai Poke Bowl, Menagerie Coffee, and more. Masks are required inside the food hall, unless seated or eating at tables.
Additional programming that weekend – and beyond — at The Bourse Food Hall includes:
- Doggy Yoga – Sunday, September 12 -– Two instructed yoga classes on The Bourse Food Hall’s fifth street patio featuring adorable adoptable dogs, with all proceeds benefiting Morris Animal Refuge. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased here.
- DIY Macrame Workshop with Melissa Manna – Saturday, September 18, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm — an hourlong macrame workshop featuring guided instruction. Tickets are $20 and include pre-cut macrame rope and wooden hanging ring. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Improv Comedy with The N Crowd — Friday nights this fall — award-wining improv comedy group The N Crowd will be performing live and unscripted comedy shows inside the food hall throughout the fall. Tickets are $15 online and $20 at the door. Tickets can be purchased here. Schedule:
- Friday, September 24 7:30pm – 9pm
- Friday, October 8 7:30pm – 9pm
- Friday, October 14 7:30pm – 9pm
- Yoga Class with Melissa Manna – Thursday, September 30, 2021, 5:45 pm – 6:45 pm – an hourlong all levels yoga flow class on The Bourse Food Hall’s fifth street patio. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased here.
“We’re looking forward to a lively and event-packed fall at The Bourse, kicking off with Doggy Yoga on the patio, The Art Star CRAP Bazaar and DIY Macrame,” said Christina Trinh, The Bourse Food Hall General Manager. “See you at The Bourse this fall!