Sabrina’s Cafe is Celebrating Their 20th Anniversary With Some Select Throwback Pricing!
Sabrina’s Café, the locally grown group of popular breakfast, lunch and brunch restaurants, is celebrating its 20th Anniversary with original food menu items from 2001 with proceeds benefitting local charity, available at all open locations on Thursday, April 22.
As a celebration of two decades in business, Sabrina’s Café will offer several original menu items from 2001 for one day only on Thursday, April 22 with throwback pricing for those particular dishes. Sabrina’s Café will then match that price, and all proceeds garnered will be donated to local charity Project Home, a nationally recognized non-profit organization that provides housing, opportunities for employment, education and medical care for homeless and low-income persons in Philadelphia. The 20th Anniversary event will be available at all open Sabrina’s Café’s locations for dine-in only.
“Donating to local charities is very important to us, and personally, near and dear to my heart,” said Co-Owner Raquel DeAbreu. “We chose to give back to Project HOME in particular because of how dedicated they are to assisting the homeless community in Philadelphia by not only providing shelter, but going above and beyond with employment opportunities and health care.”
Breakfast and lunch classics available for the special occasion, include the following:
- Marinated Grilled Vegetable Sandwich ($6.95) – Portobello mushrooms, eggplant, roasted red peppers, grilled red onions and melted mozzarella cheese and basil pesto on a Sarcone’s roll with a salad or choice of fries
- The Islander ($10.95) – Grilled 6oz Ahi Tuna on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, wasabi mayo and balsamic red onions with salad or choice of fries
- Spinach Salad ($7.95) – Baby spinach, radicchio, marinated sundried tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese, toasted pine nuts and a poached pear tossed in a honey mustard dressing
- Blue Cheese Frittata ($5.50) – Spinach, mushroom and bacon frittata served with home-fries and choice of bread.
- Banana Stuffed French Toast ($6.25) – Cream cheese, bananas, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar and a warm vanilla bean maple syrup
- Apple and Sharp Cheddar Omelette ($5.50)
In late-April of 2001 Robert and Raquel DeAbreu opened Sabrina’s Café in South Philadelphia at the once famed Litto’s Bakery located in the Italian Market neighborhood. The DeAbreu family named their new restaurant after their newborn daughter Sabrina Isabella. The breakfast and lunch eatery quickly became a favorite amongst locals and tourists alike, and the DeAbreu family soon found their business expanding in 2007 in Fairmount, and three additional Sabrina’s Café have opened which are in Wynnewood, PA, Collingswood, NJ, and University City near Drexel University’s campus.
“The past 20 years have been everything we could have asked for and more,” said Co-Owner Robert DeAbreu. “The local community has embraced us and shown such support for our business since opening our doors at 910 Christian Street all those years ago. We’ve come a long way since then, and we are very thankful for each and every one of our guests.”
All five of Sabrina’s Café’s locations and hours of operation are listed below:
- Fairmount: 1804 Callowhill Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130 | 215.636.9061
- Monday through Sunday from 8am – 3pm
- University City: 227 N. 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 | 215.222.1022
- Monday through Sunday from 8am – 3pm
- Wynnewood: 50 E. Wynnewood Road, Wynnewood, PA 19096 | 484.412.8790
- Monday through Wednesday from 8am – 3pm, Thursday through Saturday from 8am – 8pm, and Sunday from 8am – 4pm
- Collingswood: 714 Haddon Avenue, Collingswood, NJ 08108 | 856.214.0723
- Sunday through Thursday from 8am – 3pm, and Friday and Saturday from 8am – 8pm
- Italian Market: 910 Christian Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147 | 215.574.1599
- TEMPORARILY CLOSED