* Look for the sea of bonnets coming down South Street in one of Philadelphia’s oldest Easter traditions *
Hop on down to South Street Headhouse District for some FREE, egg-citing family fun during the 84th annual Easter Promenade on Sunday, April 5, 2015. Come dressed in your Sunday Best and promenade down South Street in this grand and popular tradition that last year drew record crowds. Master of ceremonies Henri David returns to lead the parade from the corner of Passyunk Avenue/South Street down to Headhouse Square (2nd Street). Enjoy Easter treats, live music from the Philadelphia Freedom Band, the Bunny Hop, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Cottontail and much more until 2:00pm. Bring your camera and stick around to meet the Easter Bunny himself, and see who wins the best dressed contests!
Children and adults can enter to be crowned Best Dressed, Best South Street Razzle Dazzle or Best Easter Bonnet – even your pet can win big if he or she is looking spiffy! Celebrity judges will announce the winners in 12 categories, including:
Best Dressed Little Girl (2-5 years)
Best Dressed Little Boy (2-5 years)
Best Dressed Young Girl (6-12 years)
Best Dressed Young Boy (6-12 years)
Best Dressed Teen Girl (13-19 years)
Best Dressed Teen Boy (13-19 years)
Best Dressed Woman (20+ years)
Best Dressed Man (20+ years)
Best Dressed Family
Best Dressed Pet
Best Easter Bonnet
Best South Street Razzle Dazzle
Don’t miss this FREE family event, filled with fun and surprises! Come to the District before the Promenade or stay afterwards to enjoy a fabulous brunch at one of our wonderful restaurants or enjoy a day of shopping in our wide variety of stores.
Special Easter brunches will include:
* Bridget Foy’s (200 South Street) – Enjoy brunch with your family starting bright and early at 9:00am with the full brunch menu and special Easter day additions. Highlights will include Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, Shrimp and Grits and Eggs Benedict. Call 215-922-1813 for reservations. Bridget Foy’s offers the best view of the parade as the route turns the corner in front of the restaurant from South Street into Headhouse Square.
* Ela (627 S. 3rd Street) – Guests can enjoy a special prix-fixe brunch menu for $30.00 per person starting at 10:00am until 5:00pm. Call 267-687-8512 or visit open table for reservations and full menu information.
* Me N Mo Meatballs and More (214 South Street) – Bring the whole family for Easter Sunday brunch and Sunday supper that will feature the regular menu plus menu additions. Specials will include lamb meatballs with a Barolla rosemary wine reduction, veggie balls with mushroom cream sauce and chicken meatballs with shallots and white wine. For the smallest of bunnies, Me N Mo Meatballs and More will have free treats for the kids (while supplies last). Me N Mo is directly on the Easter Promenade route and provides a great value at meals starting at only $8.00 and up. The bar will also be open for those looking for wine, sangria and cocktails. Reservations only for parties of six or more by calling 215-928-3262.
* Redwood (340 South Street) – Enjoy a special three-course Easter brunch from 10:00am to 4:00pm for $26.00 including appetizer, brunch entree and dessert. Standard menu will also be available including Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict, Veal Shortrib Hash, and Chicken and Waffles. Call 215-238-1512 for reservations and full menu information.
* Twisted Tail (509 S. Second Street) – Enjoy Easter brunch in Headhouse Square right next to the main promenade stage from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Twisted Tail will serve a la carte from their standard brunch menu plus offer feature dishes. Call for 215-558-2471 for reservations.
Also open on Easter Sunday with regular menus:
* Brauhaus Schmitz (718 South Street) – Enjoy selections from the standard lunch menu beginning at 11:30am. Visit open table or call 267-909-8814 for reservations.
* Pizzeria Stella (420 South Second Street) – Weekly specials and regular menu will be available starting at 10:00am. Call (215) 320-8000 for reservations and
* Supper (926 South Street) – Brunch will be served 10:30am to 3:00pm with standard brunch menu that includes Red Velvet Pancakes, Supper Fritata, Blue Corn Mango Pancakes and more. Call 215-592-8180 or visit open table for reservations.