East Passyunk Avenue Launches “Garden Days” A Three-Week “Nature” Themed Event Series
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District (EPABID) is hosting “Garden Days”, a new verdant three-week themed series of events with a tie-in to the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s (PHS) Bloom Philly! celebration ahead of the Philadelphia Flower Show at nearby FDR Park in South Philadelphia. Garden Days begins on Saturday, May 8 and runs through Memorial Day Monday, May 31.
Matching up with the theme of “Habitat: Nature’s Masterpiece”, East Passyunk Avenue’s independently owned shops, restaurants, and bars will showcase direct and thematic connections to the positive impact that plants and gardening have on our communities and lived environment. In addition, EPABID will present a number of socially distanced interactive opportunities over the course of the campaign.
“Spring is the perfect time to safely celebrate everything in bloom, and we’re excited to have East Passyunk Avenue be part of PHS’ Bloom Philly! campaign, calling attention to pollinators, landscapes, and ecosystems,” said EPABID Executive Director Adam Leiter. “We’re looking forward to seeing great verdant visuals, and having the public enjoy fun and informative events along with all the delicious flavors that the Avenue is known for.”
Locals and visitors are encouraged to visit East Passyunk Avenue to enjoy horticultural happenings including:
- Large-scale selfie station collaboration between Creations By Coppola, Ill Exotics, and Urban Jungle (to name a few) at the Singing Fountain, along with plantings and decorations at various points along the Avenue including the Gateway at Broad Street and the Boxer Statue at Mifflin Street. Look for locations decked out in floral and plant décor to encourage photo sharing.
- Enjoy a special spring dance demo with Society Hill Dance Academy (1919 East Passyunk Avenue) on Mother’s Day. Pop-up music performances will be hosted along the Avenue throughout the month as well.
- Snack and sip on specialty menu items from restaurants and bars highlighting ingredients such as honey, flowers, sustainable greens, organic items, and more. Avenue retail and service shops are also in on the action with home goods, toys, clothing, special services, etc.
- Along with the Bloom Philly! window decorating competition, East Passyunk Avenue BID will hold their own voting competition for the best decorated business window and restaurant streetery set ups incorporating flowers and plants.
- A digital scavenger hunt will be set up along the Avenue with images of bees, flowers, plants, and more displayed in the windows and doors of businesses, and a bonus raffle contest will be available for those who purchase a PHS Flower Show ticket to enter a weekly raffle drawing with a chance to win a $25 gift certificate.
- Pop-up classes and events will take place both in-person and online throughout the campaign. Be sure to check back for details on these interactive happenings coming soon, including speakers and additional partners.