The 1 Square Mile – Old City Fest is Back and Bigger Than Ever!
HIGHLIGHTS OF NEW ACTIVITIES
*Renowned clothing boutiques Lost + Found, Smak Parlour, and Vagabond along with Blood Milk Jewels join the annual fashion show, featuring the latest Old City trends in clothing and hair, curated by Barnet Fair hair salon.
*The Team USA Journey presented by OREO is a one-of-a-kind interactive social media experience that will be at Old City Fest!
*Two circus performances return and a new magician joins the festivities at the Family Fun Zone presented by PMC Property Group!
*Three new vendors join Independents Row, a special designated area featuring local makers!
*Mural Paint Day hosted by Mural Arts Philadelphia! Mural panels will be available for community participation in a “paint-by-number” style activity.
*Kick Axe Throwing Philadelphia, a new business in Old City, will have some fun suction-cup axe throwing games at the festival!
FOOD AND DRINK
* Amada – Paella Arancini (Bomba Rice, Piquillo Peppers, Saffron Aioli)
* Barry’s Buns – Large cinnamon rolls, mini bun cup, sticky bun parfaits, crumb cake, pumpkin crumb cake, brownies and assorted large cookie sandwiches decorated with Fall jimmies including peanut butter sandwich cookie (vegan)
* Bluebird Distilling
* Buddakan – Tuna Tartare Spring Rolls; cocktail and beer
* Continental Restaurant & Martini Bar – Cheesesteak Eggrolls; cocktail and beer
* Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar – Beef Eat-A-Frita (Organic, Grass-fed beef, Cuban style burger, shoestring fries, King’s Hawaiian Roll); Mojitos in Cuba Libre branded coconuts; Fresh Coconut Water
* Festival Foods – mozzarella sticks, chicken and beef empanadas, chicken fingers, soda, water
* The Franklin Fountain – Scoops of ice cream in cups and cones (ice cream flavors include: Hydrox, Chocolate, Vegan Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Vegan Vanilla, Sea Salt Caramel), as well as ice cream sandwiches from the Franklin Ice Cream Bar.
* Freebyrd Chicken* (New) – Chicken sliders, wings, beer, wine, and cocktails
Honest Tea (Corporate sponsor) – Honest seeks to create and promote great-tasting, healthy, organic beverages. We strive to grow our business with the same honesty and integrity we use to craft our recipes, with sustainability and great taste for all. Stop by the Honest Tea booth to sample our refreshingly honest tea’s!
* ICI Macarons & Café – Macarons (28 flavors, including: Peanut dark chocolate, Lemon, Vanilla white chocolate, Milk & Honey, Raspberry, Mint chocolate, Lemon lavender, Lime & Basil, Salted Caramel, Pistachio, Earl Grey, Matcha green tea, Orange Blossom, Cassis & Mission fig, Mango, Hazelnut Chocolate, Dulce de Leche, Strawberry, Coconut white chocolate, Coffee Mocha, Rose Lychee, Passion Fruit, Cookies & Cream, Almond Praline, Hibiscus Sour Cherry, Honey Lavender); croissants (Kouign Amann, Cruffin, and other croissants), Lavender lemonade, Matcha lemonade
* Khyber Pass Pub – Pulled Pork as well as a Vegan-friendly Pulled “Pork” served with Cole Slaw, an Apple Cider & Tito’s Cocktail and Founders Brewing Beers, including Mosaic IPA, Pilsner, and Solid Gold Cans
* Lucha Cartel – Chicken and Mushroom Quesadillas, Mahi-mahi tempura tacos, Prickly Pear Margaritas
* Makhani Modern Indian* (New)
* National Mechanics – Chorizo sliders with roasted red pepper aioli, Fried plantain chips with guacamole, Strawberry Daiquiri
* The Olde Bar – Lobster Roll – Lobster, Celery, Red Onion, Celery Seed Aioli, NE Split Top Roll
* Old City Coffee (Community sponsor) – “Waffleshot”- bittersweet chocolate lined waffle with a shot of Old City Coffee’s six bean espresso-a delicacy to be sure. The waffelshot is edible; the espresso melts the chocolate to make a supreme mouthfeel and taste sensation.
* Pinot Boutique Wine Bar – mimosa, fall sangria, local wines, local beers
* Roe – Chicken satay; Korean meatball; Beef bao; Grilled Corn; Thai tea; Thai bubble tea
* Royal Boucherie* (New) – House-made Toulouse Sausage Sandwich with Dijon Mustard, Sauerkraut and Crispy Shallots on a Bun; a beautiful blue-hued Lavender Bow Tie cocktail with Tito’s Handmade Vodka.
* 2nd Story Brewing – Tacos and selection of beers
* Tomo Sushi + Ramen – Philly sushi roll/ hand roll, California sushi roll/ hand roll, Alaskan sushi roll / hand roll, Vegan spicy tuna sushi roll/ hand roll, Pork gyoza, Veggie gyoza
CHERRY STREET GARDEN
FAMILY FUN ZONE PRESENTED BY PMC PROPERTY GROUP
The Give & Take Jugglers present The Little Circus, a self-contained, 45-minute show featuring aerial fabric, trapeze, juggling, and tight wire! The show is infused with the warmth, humor, and audience participation for which Give & Take is known and is a consistent hit with children and adults alike.
*New This Year:
Magician Francis Menotti has been astounding audiences internationally since 2000. His highly innovative, intelligent presentations are sought by prestigious clientele from the sound stages of Hollywood to the Oval Office, the Hollywood Magic Castle to Fortune 500 companies.
FAMILY FUN ZONE STAGE:
12PM: Colonial Kids’ Quest Puppet Show
1PM: Philadelphia Circus School’s Youth Troupe and the Give & Take Jugglers Little Circus
2PM: Philadelphia Dance Academy
3PM: The Magic of Francis Menotti
4PM: Colonial Kids’ Quest Puppet Show
5PM: Philadelphia Circus School’s Youth Troupe and the Give & Take Jugglers Little Circus
MUSIC AND PERFORMANCE
GALLERIES AND ARTISTS
The Center for Art in Wood will present live demos, crafts, and activities for the whole family in front of their large wood doors and inside their gallery.
Come out to watch The Clay Studio’s Wheel Battles as two artists at a time compete head to head on the potter’s wheel in competitions throughout the day!
The Impermanent Society of Philadelphia, an artist-run collective that promotes improvisational music and dance performance, has programmed a daylong concert of street performance. Sponsored by SUGARCUBE®, all performances will take place on the street in front of SUGARCUBE,124 N. 3rd Street.
Additional Old City participants include:
* Grossman Furniture
* Old City Jewish Arts Center
* Petit Jardin en Ville
* Philadelphia Design District* (New)
* Room 244* (New)
Old City participants include:
* Adorned by Aisha
* Art in the Age
* Artist & Craftsman Supply
* Benjamin Lovell Shoes
* Blokes Barbershop & Gentleman’s Emporium
* The Farmers Market at Christ Church
* The Geisha House
* Lost + Found
* Momo’s Tree House
* More Than Old
* Never Too Spoiled
* Philly Socks
* 3rd Street Hardware*(New)
* Metal Menagerie
* Bucks County Flowers & Things
* Jacqueline City Apparel
* Lily Lough Jewelry
In addition to restaurants, shops, fashion, family fun, music, artists, and makers, look for booths by Old City businesses, local area non-profits, sponsors, and other vendors!