Philly’s Largest Dining Fundraiser “Dining Out For Life” Returns With Over 120 Participating Restaurants!
Dining Out For Life returns to Philadelphia on Thursday, April 29th, 2021! Due to the ongoing pandemic, the annual event will look a little different again this year. Like last year, they’re making this primarily a “Dine In” event, and encourage participants to order takeout or delivery from their large list of restaurant partners. Participants can also support restaurants by dining out safely based on the recommendations of the health department.
Due to the toll that COVID-19 has taken on local restaurants, Dining Out for Life will not require any of participating restaurants to donate this year. Instead, DOFL volunteer ambassadors and Action Wellness staff and friends will utilize online peer to peer fundraising to encourage their social network to donate to the cause. In 2020, DOFL raised over $80,000 to help support people living with HIV in Philadelphia using this method and hope to beat that total in 2021!
“DOFL is incredibly thankful for the support they’ve receive for Dining Out for Life each year from our restaurant partners. Due to the hardship the restaurant industry is currently facing, we are not asking them to make any donation to us this year. So while these restaurants will not be donating to Action Wellness this year, we encourage you to support them during these challenging times,” DOFL announced in a recent statement.
Here’s How to Participate:
- Order take out/delivery food from restaurants that are offering this option..
- Dine outdoors where possible.
- Purchase a gift card.
- Donate to an online “tip jar.”
Want to get more involved? There are many ways you can help!
- Be a DOFL Virtual Ambassador: Sign up here to help us raise funds online!
- Donate online: Click here to donate to Action Wellness.
- Donate by phone: Text DINEIN to 50155.
- Donate by mail: Mail a check, made out to Action Wellness, to 1216 Arch Street, 6th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107.
- Follow us on social media: Share our posts and information, on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.