Cross Keys Café by Brûlée Catering Opens inside the Museum of the American Revolution
The Museum of the American Revolution will offer visitors more than its thoughtful exhibits. There is a brand new eatery – Cross Keys Café as well as dedicated event space located in the Museum at Third and Chestnut Streets. Managed by the Museum’s exclusive caterer Brûlée Catering, the café features indoor and seasonal outdoor seating on the terrace with a view of Hamilton’s First Bank of the United States and Independence National Historical Park. Martha Washington’s cake recipe is available in a convenient personal-sized jar.
The third floor is home to the Museum’s administrative offices and the hidden gem of the building, Liberty Hall. This brand new desirable event space that has an adjacent balcony offering picturesque views of Independence Hall and overlooking third and Chestnut Streets. It is elegantly appointed with high ceilings, hard wood floor and a stunning view.
Cross Keys Café
The Museum’s café, Cross Keys Café, named for an 18th century tavern located across the street, offers Revolutionary fare in a colonial-inspired setting, with its red Windsor chairs and Revolution-themed imagery. Cross Keys Café will offer grab-and-go salads and sandwiches, as well as items that pay tribute to the colonial era, such as Philadelphia Snapper Soup, Potted Smoked Trout, Chicken Pot Pie, and Tun Tavern Bread Pudding. Patrons can enter the café directly from Third Street – no Museum ticket purchase necessary. Clients can even opt to add guest chef appearances by Chef Walter Staib. A Taste of History’s Chef Staib has a partnership with Brûlée Catering and Staib has served as a consultant on some of the colonial-inspired menus offered at the new landmark location.
101 S. Third St. 215.309.8791
Other highlights make it a desirable lunchtime destination or a daily morning coffee spot
- Re-charging counter that has USB plugs and outlets so guests can conventionally charge phones and mobile devices. USB cords are also available for sale for $5 in case you forgot to bring yours.
- Made-to-order barista bar offers a variety of hot and iced drinks including lattes and cappuccinos.
- Confections are sourced from local vendors include produce from regional farms in NJ and DE.
- Select pop-corn and candies are ordered from “Snack Like A Local”
- Seasonal outdoor seating is a highlight for warmer months!