Chef Jose Garces Opens “La Bodega” An Online Mexican Marketplace Providing Fixed Meals and Groceries!
Following the exciting launch of Distrito’s takeout & to-go offerings, as well as the launch of its brand new outdoor patio and re-opening for indoor dining, Chef Jose Garces is proud to announce the opening of an authentic Mexican marketplace, La Bodega, that provides homemade, prepared and ready-to-cook specialty items and groceries, available online atwww.distritophilly.com/shop.
This Saturday, October 17, the La Bodega store will open at Distrito where guests can purchase select goods, Mexican candies and other snacks onsite!
Garces’ La Bodega compliments Distrito’s expanded offerings, providing locals the opportunity to browse authentic, homemade pantry items that are staples of the Iron Chef’s favorite recipes, made available for delivery at affordable price points.
“I’m excited to introduce this curated marketplace of Latin specialty goods that will allow patrons to make Latin cooking part of their at-home culinary tradition,” said Chef Garces. “My goal is to enable shoppers to connect with their loved ones in the kitchen or focus on honing their individual culinary skills in a way that has brought my own family and I such joy, especially during this time.”
Initially available for online ordering exclusively, guests can browse nearly 100 items of prepared and packaged foods including Mole Spice, Truffle Mushrooms, Fresh Huaraches, and Chicharrons, available in four to 16 oz packages; Meats available in two-pound servings- both raw and cooked- such as Ground Chorizo, Chipotle Chicken, Marinated Carne Asada, and more; Cheeses sold by the quart and pound for options including Shredded Queso Mixto, Whole Chihuahua Cheese, Grated Cotija; and sauces sold by the quart and half quart for Salsa Verde, Salsa De Arbol, Chorizo, Chipotle Honey, and more.
La Bodega’s prices range from $2.5 to $20 for 8 oz to 32 oz sauces respectively; $2.5 to $12.50 for prepared foods; up to $35 for two pounds of prepared specialty meats; and from $4 to $ 10.50 for whole cheeses.
The marketplace also offers fully equipped meal boxes so you too can cook like an Iron Chef! Serving four persons, each box includes fresh, pre-measured ingredients and step-by-step recipes to create flavorful Mexican-inspired dishes, ranging from $20 – 35 per box. La Bodega shoppers can browse selections such as:
- The Party Apps Box – Includes all the fixings to create fresh guacamole, salsa Mexicana and queso dip from scratch.
- The Carnitas Box – Includes Raw Pork Butt, several juices, herbs & spices to create a marinade and finishing seasonings.
- Chicken Ropa Box – Includes poached chicken, onion, red pepper, chipotle puree, guajillo puree, chicken stock and paprika for a perfectly seasoned, classic main dish.
- Esquites Box – Includes fresh corn, corn stock, white onion, epazote, butter, chipotle mayo, chile piquin and cotjija cheese to create a crowd-pleasing antojito.
- The Salsa Box – comes with four varieties—Salsa Verde, Salsa Roja, Salsa Arbol, Salsa Mexicana and Fresh Tortilla Chips.
- The Produce Box – includes Avocado, Cilantro, Jalapeno, Limes, beefsteak tomato, and much more, providing everything you need to kick off your cooking!
To shop La Bodega, please visit https://www.distritophilly.com/shop/ or visit Distrito at 3945 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA