One of Bella Vista’s gems is poised to make a return this week after being closed for three years. Royal Tavern (937 E Passyunk Ave.) will reopen this Thursday November 9th and will feature a revamped menu and bar program.
“Royal Tavern is a neighborhood gathering place, catering to the diverse tastes of our Philly community. We are delighted to introduce an array of new menu highlights while retaining a few classic favorites. And yes, the burger is back,” the establishment stated.
Leading the culinary team is Chef Nicolas Macri, whose culinary background includes owning a butcher shop, La Divisa Meats, formerly in the Reading Terminal Market, and most recently as the executive chef at Old City’s popular Khyber Pass Pub. Assisting Chef Nic Macri in the kitchen is Sous Chef Anna Wilson, a Drexel Culinary alum with experience at Royal Boucherie and River Twice.
Nic and Anna have created an exciting new menu that features a variety of dishes to satisfy every palate. Some of the highlights include:
- Radish Tartar, Marinated daikon, capers, mayo, Worcestershire, and melba toast.
- Wedge Salad, Featuring candied bacon, roasted tomato, blue cheese dressing, pickled red onion, and bread crumbs.
- Porchetta Sandwich, Served with tonatto mayo, pickled celery, and ciabatta.
- Vegan Gyro, Housemade pita filled with tzatziki, lettuce, tomato, and shaved red onion.
- Half Roasted Chicken, Herb rub, “chalet” sauce, served with a seasonal chopped salad and fries.
- Sautéed Tuscan Kale, Prepared with pickled raisins, Calabrian chili, and garlic.
- Royal Tavern Burger, Featuring smoked gouda, caramelized onions, chili mayo, bacon, pickled long hot, available as a single or double patty.
The bar program promises a unique twist on classic cocktails, offering a range of options to cater to all tastes. Whether you’re in the mood for a Spanish pet nat, a refreshing apéritif or cocktail, or simply looking to unwind with a High Life, there’s something for everyone.
Royal Tavern will be open for dinner seven days a week, starting at 4 pm. We will serve our menu until 1 am, with the bar staying open until 2 am. Brunch will be introduced in the New Year. Royal Tavern “soft opens” on November 9th and will host a Grand Opening on December 1.