If you’re into plants, gardening or just enjoy a great festival, Chestnut Hill is hosting their annual spring Home + Garden Festival on Sunday, May 7th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Festival features more than 175 vendors set up along the 8000 to 8600 blocks of Germantown Avenue, which will be closed to vehicular traffic. The all-day, family-friendly event will highlight home and garden décor, outdoor craft demonstrations, live music, children’s activities, and over 200 retailers, restaurants, and businesses within the Chestnut Hill Business District.
Returning this year is the Maker’s Village featuring craft demonstrations, including pottery, macrame, sewing, and stained glass. The Sustainability Hub will highlight businesses, makers, and organizations working to support the goals of a more sustainable Philadelphia. The Maker’s Village and Sustainability Hub complement the numerous home and garden stores throughout Chestnut Hill, including Laurel Hill Gardens, Foliage, Summer Classics, NoName Gallery, Gravers Lane Gallery, HOST Interiors, Tailored Home, Kitchen Kapers, Garden State Tile, PTK Rug Gallery, Home Works, and Philly’s oldest hardware store Kilian Hardware.
During Home + Garden, outdoor vendors will feature sculpture and garden art, heirloom vegetable plants, beekeeping, flowering baskets, terrariums, landscaping, lawn care, masonry, highlight jewelry, vintage goods and collectibles, indoor décor, and more.
2023 Home + Garden Festival Schedule of Events
Makers Village (8000 block of Germantown Avenue): Watch the artisans create work during live
“Fun Fest” at Jenks Elementary School (8301 Germantown Avenue): A family-friendly focused area for
children under 10 with:
• Dance performances
• Carnival games
• Face painting
• Inflatable obstacle course
• Inflatable slide
• Food trucks
Stagecrafters Theater (8130 Germantown Avenue): Enjoy circus-themed and theatrical performances, including:
• Stiltwalker (Philadelphia School of the Circus Arts) 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• SNAP Co. dance demonstration at noon
• Balloon artist (Ben’s Balloon Animals) 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
• Juggler (Philadelphia School of the Circus Arts) 1 to 3 p.m.
• Jack and the Bean Stalk (adapted by Jessie Sherlock and performed by Mark and
• Jessie Sherlock). Performances will take place every hour from 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tarot card readings by The Amazing Carson from 1 to 3 p.m.
• Buckley Park Stage (Germantown Avenue and Hartwell Lane)
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Tattar Tucker Moog and Martino 2 to 5 p.m. – Bakersfield
• Bethlehem Stage (Germantown Avenue and Bethlehem Pike)
11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Dukes of Destiny
2 to 5 p.m. – Groove Spot Band