Science After Hours is Hosting a 2 Day Wizard School Event!
It’s safe to say that every Science After Hours is pretty popular but then there are ones like The Wizard School that are so popular that it has to take place twice! That’s right Science After Hours at the Franklin Institute is hosting Wizard School October 24th & 29th.
Class is in session at The Franklin School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. From potions to fantastic beasts— explore the mystical side of science as The Franklin Institute transforms into a wonderland of science on this enchanted evening.
Recreate your favorite witches’ spells with some simple tricks of perception, quirks of chemistry, and far-out physics. Discover the real-world history of witches and wizards, meet the world’s largest owl species, use simple circuits to make your own magic wands, and more!
Plus, solve the Wizard School riddles and do your part to stop the Dark Lord as you scavenge the museum for the five hidden Horcruxes before the explosive finale.
· Discover the magic behind your favorite spells and charms with phantom holograms, magnetic levitation, and fiery combustion experiments.
- Explore the fascinating history of real-life witches and wizards, curses, voodoo, and black magic.
- Take a potions class and create frothy concoctions using different acids and bases.
- Keep an eye out for the traveling magic salesman and his chemical curiosities.
- Learn the properties of refraction that could be used in a real-life invisibility cloak.
- Stargazing in the rooftop observatory (weather permitting).
- Live music and dancing in the Fels Planetarium with Oolala, the self described “Rock and Roll cosmologists” studying the universe through heavy funk riffs and raw vocals.
- Plus! Amembers-only lounge with rudimentary divination, tarot cards, dice numerology, and palm readings.
This event is for Adults 21+