The 38th annual Fall for the Arts Festival returns to Chestnut Hill on Sunday, October 8, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., transforming Germantown Avenue into an outdoor arts and craft marketplace. The popular family-friendly, pet-friendly event features live demonstrations, children’s activities, live music, culinary delights, and boutique shopping. The streets between the 8000 and 8600 blocks of Germantown Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic to provide ample space for visitors and vendors.
The Fall for the Arts Festival attracts more than 200 talented and diverse artists and vendors from the Mid-Atlantic region and locations as far away as New Mexico. A unique array of artistic choices are on display and for sale, including oils, watercolors, etchings, photography, sculpture, pottery, wood crafts, jewelry, and accessories.
• Makers Village (Germantown Avenue from Abington Avenue to Willow Grove
Avenue) where visitors can watch artists, including glass blowers, weavers, potters,
and other crafters, demonstrate their craft!
• Entertainment at Stagecrafters (8130 Germantown Avenue)
o Photobooth: 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
o Stiltwalker: noon to 2:00 p.m.
o Scene-N-Action Productions Co. (SNAPCo.): noon to 12:30 p.m.
o Amazing Carson Tarot Card Reader: 1 to 3 p.m.
o Children’s Theater (Rapunzel) : 1, 2, and 3 p.m.
• Fun Fest at Jenks Elementary School (8301 Germantown Avenue) – Head to the playground at Jenks Elementary School, where children under 10 can have their faces painted, enjoy arts and crafts, play games, and enjoy tasty food options for all!
• Live Music:
o Bethlehem Pike Stage (8101 Germantown Avenue)
▪ 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dukes of Destiny
▪ 2 to 5 p.m. Variable Elements
• Book Sales: Hilltop Books (the non-profit bookstore of the Friends of the Chestnut
Hill Library) will host gently used book sales at the intersection of Germantown
Avenue and Bethlehem Pike.
• Caroline the Electric Carriage, brought by Carriage Horse Freedom – location TBD
• Subaru Display presented by Glanzmann Subaru at the intersection of E. Highland
and Germantown Avenue
• B101.1 FM Activity Booths