Taco Tuesdays just got a whole lot better thanks to Añejo Philly (1001 N 2nd St.). That’s because Añejo is bringing back their popular bottomless Taco Tuesday along with an exclusive new Pink Charity Flight and limited edition cocktails for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The best part is, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Cancer Support Network, Greater Philadelphia.
That’s right now through the end of the month, guests can enjoy all-you-can-eat signature tacos (at least seven to pick from) along with rice and beans and chips and salsa each Tuesday. Additionally, Añejo new Pink Charity Flight will be available which includes specially selected tequilas and mezcal along with special limited edition cocktails.
BOTTOMLESS TACO TUESDAY
The Bottomless Taco Tuesday Experience will tale place every Tuesday from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Guests are invited to indulge in unlimited signature tacos that include a weekly selection from the restaurant’s extensive taco menu, including:
- Chicken Al Pastor – Al Pastor spices, pineapple, pickled onions, salsa verde
- Pork Carnitas – Confit pork shoulder, pickled onions, salsa verde, guacamole, cilantro
- Crispy Fish – Beer battered mahi-mahi, poblano slaw, lime aioli, flour tortilla
- Crispy Cauliflower – Pineapple arbol glaze, snap peas, pea shoots, lime aioli
- Shrimp – Crispy gulf shrimp, guacamole, pico de gallo, chipotle crema, cotija cheese
- Lamb Barbacoa – Adobo and chili marinated lamb shoulder, braised in negra modelo, canela and avocado leaf, salsa borracha (mezcal spiked), onions
“Taco Exclusivo” feature for the week. For Taco Exclusivo for October:
10/10 – Plantain Crusted Mahi-Mahi
topped with crispy garlic and pasilla aioli
10/17 – Tacos Arabe
shaved pork marinated in middle eastern spices and topped with a tomato guacamole
10/24 – Pollo Tinga Tacos
shredded chicken slow cooked with chipotle and onion
10/31 – Chicken Asado
chicken roasted with achiote and served with a salsa of blistered peppers
Executive Chef and Partner Ricardo Camacho said, “Añejo Philly is proud to bring back the energy and fun to Taco Tuesday through the popular program. We wanted to create something exciting where you could mix and match our offerings and try new flavors and varieties you might not otherwise experience. We also wanted to go big or go home with a big selection, with six to eight tacos per week.”
Each guest at the table must order the bottomless taco experience, and the cost is $27 per person. The experience includes as many tacos as one can eat, plus rice and beans, and Añejo’s authentic house-made chips and salsa. This is a great way for guests to enjoy their favorites, or mix/match and try something new. One dollar from every Taco Tuesday Experience will be donated to the month’s charity. For the relaunch of the program, Añejo Philly wanted to give back. The charity Taco Tuesday Experience will be available all Tuesdays in October – even Halloween, October 31, 2023.
SPECIAL PINK FLIGHT
Añejo Philly’s Bar Manager Trent Bonney has designed a special Flight to Fight Breast Cancer, as his mother is a breast cancer survivor and he wanted to help others and support a location organization helping all the “moms” out there. Bonney designed the flight and personally selected Cancer Support Community, Greater Philadelphia, due to their important work in offering no cost emotional support and education for those affected by cancer.
For the special October flights, look for three tequilas paired with a special mezcal:
- Codigo 1530, Rosa – Rested one month in NAPA Cabernet French White Oak Barrels – Floral, Cherry, Cooked Agave
- Derechito, Rose Blanco – Rested for one month in Red Wine Barrels – Strawberry, Rasberry, Honey
- Calirosa, Rosa Blanco – Aged one month in Spanish Tempranilo French Oak Barrels – Red Apple, Oak, Cooked Agave
- Mezcal Convite, Una – Oaxacan Espadin Mezcal Abocado Con Grana Cochinila – Citrus, Herbal, Minerality
The flight will come with an accompaniment of fresh citrus (limes) and will cost $24. The serving is 0.50 oz of each alcohol. One dollar from each flight during October will be donated to help CSC and support their programs.
Añejo Philly also unveils special cocktails during October available during all open hours for brunch, lunch and dinner that will spotlight special tequilas and mezcals, with a portion of proceeds also going to the important organization.
- Trust the Process – Vago Elote Mezcal, Lime, Agave, Ancho Reyes Verde, Aperol, Bluecoat, Bitters, Vegan Foam
- Wild Flower -Ana Maria Joven Rose, Yuzu, Elderflower, Grapefruit, Frozen
- Trial and Error -Libelula Reposado, Lime, Agave, Watermelon Combier
- Porch Weather -Pisco Control C, Cinnamon Infused Anise Liqueur, Lime, Condensed Milk, Agave, Frozen
Bonney and the entire Añejo family wanted to support a breast cancer charity in three ways – the flights, the taco Tuesday events and the signature cocktails – and they hope to expand their community involvement for next year with more events and programs.