Diner en Blanc has been all the rage over the years. The visual of a sea of white clad Philadelphians setting up shop along some of Philly’s major streets and avenues has been nothing short but jaw dropping. Now Temple University looks to put a twist on the grand daddy of pop-up diners with their Diner en Cherry. An alumni only affair that requires attendees to dress in cherry as a nod to their alma mater.
Taking place at a secret location on April 25th, organizers have been relying heavily on word-of-mouth and it seems to be working very well. Word of Cherry en Blanc has been spreading like wild fire over all social media platforms as Temple alum look to reconnect with some of their piers. Whether it’s to share stories how they cheated 4th meal, “borrowed” community couches, as well as countless party stories a sense of nostalgia is sure to fill the air.
For those looking to attend the cost is $45 per person ($30 for alumni 30 and under). Registration fee includes three course meal and two drink tickets per person. Walk-up attendees will be accepted on a first come first serve basis at the increased cost of $60 per person.
According to the official Cherry en Blanc site those looking to participate will have to meet at rendezvous points that are organized by class as school. Here is the list of rendezvous points and instructions:
- 5th and 10th Reunion Alumni and Friends – Maxi’s Pizza Subs and Bar, 1926 Liacouras Walk
- College of Education – Ritter Annex – Shimada Resource Center Room 179
- CST Alumni Association- SERC
- Golden Owl Alumni and Friends – Saige Cafe, 1802 Warnock St
- All Alumni and Friends – Sponsored by the Temple University Alumni Association – Pearson & McGonigle Atrium
- School of Media & Communication Alumni – Annenberg Atrium
- STHM & Fox Alumni Association – Alter Hall, 7th Floor
- Temple University Young Alumni and Friends – Draught Horse Pub and Grill, 1431 Cecil B. Moore Ave.
- The TEMPLE Women’s Network – Alumni Circle (Polett & Liacouras Walks)
- Temple Law Alumni Association – Klein Hall
- Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine- Pearson & McGonigle