The Bourse Will Host an All-Day Mardi Gras Bash!
The Bourse, Philadelphia’s new artisan food hall on Independence Mall, is celebrating Mardi Gras in true New Orleans fashion with an all-day fete, featuring Cajun-inspired fare, live jazz music, tantalizing burlesque, a spirited costume contest, and more on Tuesday, March 5th.
Starting at 7 am on Fat Tuesday, select food hall vendors will begin serving traditional New Orleans-inspired fare, such as Hurricanes, Mini King Cakes, Spicy Fried Shrimp and more. As the sun sets, the celebration will heat up with live music from Drew Nugent & The Midnight Society, acclaimed local jazz ensemble, and beguiling performances from Envoute, eclectic Philadelphia-based burlesque troupe.
“We’re bringing New Orleans to Philadelphia with our first annual all-day Mardi Gras blowout,” said Kelly Duffy, General Manager of The Bourse Food Hall. “The festivities will go all day but, the real party starts at 7 pm when the food hall will erupt in live music, parades and performances from our burlesque entertainers. And, what’s a Mardi Gras celebration without beads?”
Guests can enjoy traditional New Orleans-inspired fare all day, including:
- Sazeracs & Hurricanes from Bluebird Distilling — $10/each
- Andouille Creole Pasta from Bronze Table — $12
- Gumbo Omelettes from Grubhouse — $10
- New Orleans-inspired Cold Brew from Menagerie— $4 (16 oz) / $5 (20 oz)
- Mini King Cakes from Barry’s Buns — $8 (serves 2-3 people)
- Spicy Fried Shrimp from Ka’Moon — $8
- 15 draft NOLA Brewing and Abita Brewing beers from TAPS Fill Station — $4 (12 oz ) / $9 (“Big Ass Beers” 33 oz)
From 7 pm – 10 pm, Drew Nugent and the Midnight Society will set the mood with lively jazz performances and parades around the food hall. In between sets, burlesque dancers from Envoute will take to the floor with immersive and thematic cabaret performances.
Guests are encouraged to don their best Mardi Gras regalia as the best dressed will be rewarded with a $100 gift card to TAPS Fill Station. The winner will be announced at 9:30 pm.