Ever wanted to make your own beer? Perhaps for a special occasion or to simply enjoy for yourself? Well, My Local Brew Works (MLBW), the new custom craft nanobrewery that focuses on special events, contract brewing, and direct-to-public sales, has launched a new Bespoke Brewing Package — inviting beer lovers planning events into the Frankford brewery to craft beer alongside head brewers to create the ultimate personalized beer making experience that’s not only fun but adds a hyper-personalized element to events.
Bespoke Brewing Package offers folk the unique opportunity to (not only) create a custom beer, but to brew it themselves with creative control of beer style, hops, recipe, name, and more, for special events such as anniversaries, birthdays, bachelor/ette parties, weddings, etc. – brewed on-site at MLBW located inside Globe Dye Works.
Beer lovers will collaborate with Tim Montague and Wayne Humphrey, two award-winning local home brewers and founders of My Local Brew Works, as well as George Hummel, brewing mentor and recipe consultant with more than three decades of experience in the brewing industry, on creating a personalized beer from start to finish, perfectly fitted to the couple, group, or occasion.
“We’re stoked to play a hand in Philadelphians’ special occasions with our new Bespoke Brewing Package,” said Wayne Humphrey, Co-Founder of My Local Brew Works. “The brew day will be as custom as the beers themselves, ranging from two to six hours, based on group size and preferences. We really want our guests to dictate everything and for the whole day to be personalized to each guest, from the brewing process to the beer label to what we’re snacking on.”
Those partaking in the full-length Bespoke Brewing Package can expect about a six hour long-experience including the following:
- Pre-brew consultation (handled over the phone or at the brewery) to discuss the special event, beer theme, style, recipe, quantity, packaging/labeling, pricing, scheduling, and brew-day catering
- Arrive at Globe Dye Works on day-of brewing, and meet Humphrey and Montague in the main lobby where the tour of Globe Dye works will take place
- Tour of the brewery and discussion of hops, grain bill, yeast selection, aroma sampling mashing process, and more, followed by start of brewing
- Mid-way, lunch is served and samplings of specific beers take place
- Post-lunch, the brewing process resumes with final hops (and other additives) added at the end of boil, then prepare for cooling, and transfer begins to the fermenter as beer is cooled
- After this final step, a celebratory toast is offered and MLBW-branded gifts are distributed to all guests
Prior to the brewing session, Montague and Humphrey will lead guests in a detailed tour of Globe Dye Works, which was previously a pre-civil war factory, and the nano-brewery, which Montague and Humphrey built from the ground up. Following the tour, guests will start the custom brewing process by sampling freshly brewed beer and deciding on what compliments the guests’ taste and style of beer.
To begin the brewing process, guests will choose from a variety of basic ingredients such as varietals of malt, yeast and hops. Following, Montague and Humphrey will guide groups through the brewing process by showing them how to add in each element and giving the amateur brewers background on each additive and ingredient. While the beer is being fermented, guests will then have time to sit with Montague and Humphrey to create a personalized label and name for the beer which will be bottled well in advance of the event. In addition, light bites from local restaurants will be provided courtesy of My Local Brew Works.
The Bespoke Brewing Package starts a $120/person for the brew day and includes beer tastings, food and a parting gift. The custom beer will be priced based on recipe, ingredients, and quantity, and will be presented upfront at the initial pre-brew consultation.
Those interested in learning more about the custom brewing process and to reserve a brew day with My Local Brew Works may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.