Franklin Square and Chinatown are Hosting the “Chinatown Scavenger Hunt – Summer Edition”
Returning this summer, PCDC and Franklin Square are partnering together to bring you the Chinatown Scavenger Hunt. Now through July 3rd, you will be able to take in all that Chinatown has to offer in this free activity that is open to all-ages. This open-air event will guide you through the history and vibrancy of Chinatown as not only a foodie destination, but also as one of culture and community.
You can register to participate in the event by visiting the Franklin Square Ticket Window during regular operating hours.
Participants will be asked to answer questions or complete tasks at specific locations. Upon successfully answering the questions or completing the tasks, participants will be awarded with 1 to 2 points which will be tallied up at the Franklin Square Ticket Window.
Points can be redeemed for the following rewards, which can be redeemed at Franklin Square:
• 10 points: One ticket to Franklin Square’s carousel
• 15 points: One ticket to the Betsy Ross House Self-Guided Tour
• 20 points: One ticket to Philly Mini Golf Ticket + Be put in for a drawing for the Chinatown Gift Set ($100 value)
How to Participate:
• Register at Franklin Square Ticket Window and get your first clue. We will also provide you with a map of Chinatown to help you navigate the different neighborhood.
• While you are participating in the scavenger hunt, you will be expected to use your phone to take photos of places or things. These photos will be reviewed when you redeem your points.
• Points should be redeemed at Franklin Square’s Ticket Window
• Participants may only enter once.
• Points can only be redeemed once. The points you gather through the scavenger hunt can only be redeemed once, so if you want to hold off for that bigger prize, try to gather all the points on your list before going to redeem your prize.
• Teams must be 1 to 4 players. If participating as a group, only one person per group will receive the reward.
• Play in the day. We recommend participating in the scavenger during the day when certain locations are more accessible than at night.
• Play with integrity. This is an event that is meant to engage people with the Chinatown neighborhood. Although we know that the prizes are great, please do not share answers or photos. This will allow everyone the opportunity to explore and learn about Chinatown.