Fun Things To Do In Philly – Are We Missing Something? Send Us Your Upcoming Philadelphia Events
- This event has passed.
2016 Brooklyn Brewery Mash Tour
August 25, 2016 - August 28, 2016
2016 Brooklyn Brewery Mash Tour
The Brooklyn Brewery Mash is a weekend-long cultural festival exploring vibrant communities in cities around the world through food, music, art and beer. The Mash is the largest international traveling tour of its kind, stopping in six U.S. cities plus London, Stockholm and Paris in 2016. Brooklyn Brewery’s latest iteration of the Mash takes a reimagined look at four time-honored celebrations: the meal, the beer festival, the bar crawl and the concert, by curating a series of forward-thinking experiences through collaborations with Philadelphia-based tastemakers, musicians, chefs, and breweries. This dope international food and beer tour is making its rounds in Philly! Check out the schedule below!
2016 Philly Mash Tour Schedule
Thursday, August 25, 2016:
- What and Who: Dinner With Friends is what happens when Brooklyn Brewery Chef Andrew Gerson, a proud Philadelphia native, and Chef Ben Puchowitz reunite to create a one-night-only-menu, served in its entirety and paired with some of Brooklyn’s rarest beers. Think of it like this: The more friends you gather at the table, the more dynamic beer pairings you can taste and try together.
- Where: Bing Bing Dim Sum, 1648 E Passyunk Ave
- When: Starts at 7:00 PM
- Tickets: $45; tickets available on July 18
Friday, August 26, 2016:
- What and Who: What better way to keep the weekend festivities rolling than with a free concert at Union Transfer? The show, presented by Timberland, will be headlined by Twin Peaks, a garage rock sensation hailing from Chicago – and feature Brooklyn Brewery’s most sought-after and hard-to-find beers.
Headliner: Twin Peaks. Openers: PALMAS and TJ Kong and The Atomic Bomb, two extremely popular young acts on the rising Philadelphia band circuit.
- Where: Union Transfer; 1026 Spring Garden Street
- When: Doors open at 7:00 PM; show at 8:00 PM
- Tickets: Free RSVP
Saturday, August 27, 2016:
- What and Who: An immersive, multi-room beer festival unlike any other. Guests choose their own path and explore a variety of beer styles throughout a 250-year-old historical mansion, all while sampling some of Brooklyn’s finest offerings and craft beer from pioneering local breweries. Each room promises a distinctly different environment and multi-sensory experiences, including:
o Barrel-Aging Room: Plunge into the Barrel-Aging Room with Brooklyn Brewery’s biggest beer fan, Gabe Barry, for a look inside the magic of barrels with their rarest and most experimental beers.
o IPA Room: Rethink all things dank, bitter and tropical in the IPA Room, complete with advice and pours from local brewing friends, along with a few special bottles straight from Brooklyn.
o Ale Room: Get food-and-beer pairing tips from Andrew Gerson, Head of Culinary Programming at Brooklyn Brewery, and learn the secrets behind one of his most tactile dishes.
o Beer Garden: What’s summer in Philadelphia without a Beer Garden to relax in? Join 1732 Meats, Di Bruno Brothers, Cholula Hot Sauce and many more vendors, when Brooklyn teams up with their favorite artisans.
- Event Overview: A $20 ticket gains access to Beer Mansion for live music, interactive installations, food pairings, yard games, commemorative beer glass, and beer samples from the following breweries: Brooklyn Brewery,Yards, Forest & Main, Sly Fox, Evil Genius and Saint Benjamin Brewing.
- Background: Mount Pleasant Mansion was built in the 1760s by a Scottish pirate. In 1775, John Adams described it as “the most elegant Seat in Pennsylvania.” Is it haunted? Maybe. This will be the first time that Mount Pleasant Mansion has ever opened their doors for an event of this kind.
- Where: Mount Pleasant Mansion, 3800 Mt Pleasant Drive
- When: Starts at 5:00 PM
- Tickets: $20
Sunday, August 28, 2016:
- What and Who: Over the last five years, Brooklyn Brewery has immersed into a series of different emerging neighborhoods, exploring the best bars, restaurants, boutiques and galleries in their hometown of Brooklyn, NY. For the first time, Brooklyn Brewery and Timberland are bringing this roving neighborhood party to Philly. Sharing a like-minded dedication to urban exploration and quality craft, they have teamed up to design a pop-up bar and shop called The Trailhead to get the whole thing started.
- Event Overview: Kick off your afternoon in Fishtown/Northern Liberties and check out the two sides of the Brooklyn/Timberland collaboration: a special bottling of our experimental Ghost Bottles and a waxed canvas, insulated beer tote. A ticket also gets you an official Immersion Booklet, filled with beer vouchers and special deals at neighborhood bars, cafes, shops and galleries, including: Lloyd, Heritage, Barcade, La Colombe, Creep Records, Exit Skate Shop and many more.
- Where: The Trailhead, The Schmidt’s Commons
- When: Starts at 12:00 PM
- Tickets: $25