Looking for an authentic Dia de los Muertos celebration? Well on Thursday, November 2nd, Cantina La Martina (2800 D St.) be hosting heir annual Día de los Muertos celebration which includes traditional ceremonies, live performances and authentic Mexican cuisines prepared by James Beard finalist Chef Dionicio Jiménez.
The festival will run from 3:30pm – 11pm and include special Día de los Muertos food and beverage including tuetano y chapulines (grasshoppers), frog legs, vibora (snake) chorizo tacos, and more.
The schedule of events will include:
- 3:30pm – 6pm – Kids arts & crafts
- 6pm – Opening ceremony with Danza Azteca
- 6:30pm – Performances by Ñuuxakun (Baile Folclórico)
- 7pm – Live music by Calirumba
- Best dressed Catrina contest after 9pm. Winner gets 2 free tickets to the November 11th Celebration of Life Dinner
The community is invited to drop off photos and trinkets from loved ones who have passed away to
Cantina La Martina to put on the alter up until October 28th when they will be decorating the altar all day.
All are welcome to join in to help decorate.
The only menu available at the restaurant during the event on November 2nd is the Día de Los Muertos menu. The event will be taking place throughout the restaurant, both inside and outside. No reservations are available.