The Bourse is Hosting a Pop Up Beer Garden in Celebration of the 4th of July!
As a proud sponsor of the 2018 Wawa Welcome America festival, The Bourse Marketplace, set to reopen this summer as a world class food hall, is celebrating Independence Day in Philadelphia with a week-long celebration including a happy hour, Historic District Block Party and the debut of their first pop-up beer garden from Friday, June 29th to Tuesday, July 3rd.
Dating back to 1891, The Bourse is excited to celebrate America’s independence in the shadows of history with The Beer Garden at The Bourse: Operated by BRÜ Craft & Wurst. Located on the steps of the Victorian-era grand Beaux-arts building, guests can sip on $7 draft brews, including 2SP Delco Lager, Sly Fox Alex’s Lemon Wheat, Love City Unity IPA, Yards Pale Ale and $10 Bluebird Distilling (featured tenant at The Bourse) specialty cocktails while enjoying sweeping views of Independence Mall.
“We are excited to partner with the crew behind the highly successful Uptown Beer Garden to bring the first-ever beer garden pop-up to the steps of The Bourse,” said Kelly Duffy, The Bourse Marketplace General Manager. “Attendees will get an exclusive look at the renovations and all that’s to come when we open this summer. You’re not going to want to miss this!”
Additional revelry will include summer-inspired bites, featuring Soft Pretzels ($1), Hot Dogs ($2), Water Ice ($3) and Bassett’s Ice Cream ($4); outdoor games, including corn hole and giant jenga; al fresco seating on the patio; giveaways; music, and more. The Beer Garden at The Bourse will be open daily from Friday, June 29th to Tuesday, July 3rd, 12 pm – 12 am.
The festivities will commence on Friday, June 29th from 5-7 pm with a Red, White and Blue happy hour at The Beer Garden at The Bourse, featuring $7 drafts, including 2SP Delco Lager, Sly Fox Alex’s Lemon Wheat, Love City Unity IPA. Guests will also enjoy $10 custom frozen concoctions courtesy of Bluebird Distilling.
“The Bourse is in a great location in the heart of Old City District where tourists and neighbors alike can relax while enjoying food and drink in a new unique setting,” said Teddy Sourias, Founder of Craft Concepts Group. “We’re excited to be able to venture into Old City as a part of the July 4th festivities.”
The Bourse’s week-long celebration of America’s independence and the renovation of this renowned building will culminate on Tuesday, July 3rd with the Historic District Block Party, kicking off with a press conference honoring the new artisanal food hall, with notables such as Mayor Jim Kenney, city representatives, Welcome America President and CEO Jeff Guaracino, MRP Realty Managing Director Charley McGrath and Principal of CANAdev, Michael Morris.
Guests will be offered an exclusive hard hat tour of the new artisanal food hall lead by The Bourse Marketplace General Manager, Kelly Duffy. The Bourse vendors, Barry’s Buns and Bonatsos’ Flower Shop, will be offering signature cinnamon buns among other baked goods and floral keepsakes.
The Bourse Marketplace will rival the country’s top food hall destinations such as New York’s Chelsea Market and D.C.’s Union Market. The building’s renovation will include a full restoration to the entrances on both 4th and 5th Streets, creating lively outdoor seating, and a thoughtfully curated mix.
THE BOURSE TENANT LIST
Lalo: The Team behind Pelago, a hospitality group specializing in Filipino-inspired restaurant pop-up events from industry veterans, Neal Santos, Jillian Encarnacion and Resa Mueller, is bringing the Philippines to The Bourse Marketplace this summer with Lalo, a thoughtful fast-casual concept with a focus on Filipino comfort food.
- Takorean: With four fixed locations in the DC area, Takorean will bring a delicious combination of Korean flavors with a Mexican twist, all made from scratch with the freshest ingredients. https://www.takorean.com/
- Break Juicery:Break Juicery is bringing its “science of health” to The Bourse Marketplace with its extensive variety of juices and smoothies as well as bowls and wheatgrass shots. Boasting organic fruits and vegetables, their goal is to provide guests a better and healthier daily diet option.
TAPS Fill Station is the source for sustainable draft booze beverages. Philadelphians will enjoy fresh lines of local beer, cider, wines, mead and kegged cocktails on site or fill their bottles to take with them.
- Barry’s Buns:is an all natural made from scratch gourmet sticky bun bakery. They specialize in seven different flavors of sticky buns, cinnamon buns, crumb cake, butter cake and specialty topped Liege waffles. http://www.barrysbuns.com
- Bonatsos Flower Shop: Creating and delivering high-quality flowers and floral arrangements since 1960, Bonatsos Flower Shop is family owned operated local florist shop who will offer same-day flower delivery in Philadelphia. https://www.bonatsosflowershop.com/
- Abunai Poke: Bringing the taste of Hawaii to DC with a selection of poke and various Hawaiian dishes from this quick-service shop. http://www.abunaipoke.com/
- Prescription Chicken: The first brick and mortar location for this acclaimed soup purveyor will offer their signature chicken-based soups, dubbed liquid gold to make you feel better, in addition to Gertie’s homemade Yummy Yogurt Bowls http://www.prescriptionchicken.com
- Rebel Taco: A new authentic Mexican taco purveyor from DC-based Social Restaurant Group. Serving up tacos made with the freshest ingredients and spices, and other authentic Mexican fare
- Mi & Yu Noodle Bar: Federal Hill fast-casual spot offering artisanal ramen, udon, pho, steamed bao bun sandwiches and more http://miandyunoodlebar.com/
- Pinch Dumplings: Authentic, hand-pinched Chinese dumplings made in-house daily with organic and local ingredients currently found in DC and Baltimore http://pinchdumplings.com
Menagerie Coffee: a small, locally-owned and operated specialty coffee shop proudly serving artisanal coffee and a variety of small eats seven days a week. A winner of Philadelphia Magazine’s Best Of Philly, Menagerie Coffee has also been featured in Bon Appetit Magazine. www.menageriecoffee.com
Pure Blend Tea: Hailing from West Chester PA, each unique tea blend is carefully hand-blended with Organic and Fair Trade ingredients. Look for a wide variety of loose tea blends as well as superior grade Matchas. www.pureblendtea.com
- 3rdand Ferry: Easton PA’s acclaimed fish market’s new concept will boast an expansive raw bar with oysters, crab cakes, chowder, lobster rolls, and other New England-Style fare in addition to a full-service bar serving up beer, oyster-friendly wines, cocktails & more http://www.thirdandferry.com/
- Baby Buns: From Top Chef’s Sylva Senat and Philly entrepreneur Uri Pierre-Noel, Baby Buns will serve fries, buns and frosé. Think international flavors turned into American-burger-like sliders
- Bluebird Distilling: Full craft cocktail bar and retail store from Phoenixville, PA’s award-winning, grain-to-glass distillery http://bluebirddistilling.com
- Chaat and Chai: Indian street food concept from Chef/Owner Anney Thomas – a favorite of Craig LaBan, The Philadelphia Inquirer’s food critic, http://chaatandchai.com/index.html
- Chocodiem: Hand-crafted, artisanal Chocolates based on classic Belgian recipes with a flagship location in Easton, PA https://www.chocodiem.com
- Grub House: A South Philly favorite, offering breakfast seven days a week with an all-day-dining menu http://grubhousephilly.com
- Ka’moon: Fast-casual, Halal-prepared Egyptian cuisine from the folks behind The Taza Truck location in Easton, PA www.thetazatruck.com
- Mighty Melt: A collaboration between Philly’s Mighty Bread Company’s Chris DiPiazza and Stargazy’s Sam Jacobson, offering inventive grilled cheese sandwiches crafted from fresh artisan breads with creative flavor pairings
- Olive With A Twist: A gourmet pantry offering a carefully curated selection of the finest cheeses, pâté, charcuterie, olive oils, balsamics, pasta, sauces and more in Easton, PA. www.olivewithatwist.com
- Scoop DeVille: A Philadelphia institution since 1989, Scoop DeVille concocts custom ice cream combinations and includes hundreds of delectable items to create endless unique combinations https://scoopdevilleicecream.com/
- Vera PastaCo.: West Chester based fast-casual, fresh pasta purveyor, serving made-to-order pasta meals alongside Italian wines and fresh packaged pasta to-go http://www.verapasta.com/