Spruce Street Harbor Park Announced its Opening Day and New Features! Check it out!
One of if not THE Philly hot spot, Spruce Street Harbor Park has announced its schedule for the 2017 season. Each ear the park gets bigger and better in terms of activities, events, and of course food! This year Spruce Street Harbor Park will kick-off the season May 12th from 11 am to 1 pm. The season will be open until October 1st!
Here’s the Break-Down For Opening Weekend!
FRIDAY, MAY 12
The park will open at 11am Friday, with activities and live music starting after 5pm, including clay animation from our friends at Clay Studios and a chance to win cash and prizes in the Univest money booth. Live entertainment will begin at 7pm featuring a performance by legendary local DJ King Britt.
SATURDAY, MAY 13
Starting at Noon on Saturday, SSHP will come alive with creative make and take activities and exciting performances. Watch an aerial routine and tight rope performance (over the marina!) by Philly Circusbe intrigued with a magic show by Randy Shinehave the kids participate in an interactive performance with Music Monkey Jungleand listen to kid DJ D-ILL spin the afternoon soundtrack. At night, enjoy a free performance by acclaimed musician and producer Son Little.
SUNDAY, MAY 14
UNIVESTival’s final day will be filled with family-friendly activities and the sweet sounds of steel drums from Trinidelphia.
Here’s All of the Cool Features for Spruce Street Harbor Park’s 2017 Season
Hammocks and Fountains
Over 50 colorful handmade hammocks are strung throughout the park to create a relaxing place to spend summer days and nights.
TWO Hammock Lounges that can be reserved, featuring premium outdoor seating, standing hammocks, and scenic waterfront views for up to 20 people.
- Cool off with a quick splash in the fountains found throughout the park.
- Located in the Marina at Penn’s Landing, the Oasis consists of three landscaped barges, a net lounge, and floating gardens.
- The barges feature an ADA-compliant boardwalk, beautiful raw metal railings, and tons of seating.
- The cantilevered net lounge, inspired by Caribbean resorts, is a place where visitors can relax while suspended 4 feet above the water. Don’t worry, debris liners are in place to catch keys, change and cell phones!
- The floating gardens are constructed from a durable, non-toxic post-consumer plastic, and used around the country for wetland restoration. Not only are they aesthetically beautiful, but they are also serve to clean the water in the marina.
Boardwalk Arcade and Lawn Games
- Waterfront bocce, ping pong, and shuffleboard courts
- Bean bag toss, life sized chess and Connect Four, giant Jenga, and tetherball (all free!)
- Shipping containers along the boardwalk house Basket Fever skeeball, air hockey, claw crane games, Ms. Pacman, and two racing games.