South Street Headhouse District (SSHD) presents a full day of free family fun with the 6th Annual Pumpkin Fall Fest on Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 12:00pm to 5:00pm. Kids of all ages will delight in free circus, dance, music and magic performances, plus hay rides, pumpkin decorating, arts and crafts, storytelling and a fall shopping bazaar with PHAIR. Cavanaugh’s Headhouse will serve delicious seasonal treats and sips. All activities are under and around the historic Headhouse Square Shambles (2nd Street, between Pine and Lombard). For more information, visit www.southstreet.com, follow @officialsouthst on Twitter or call (215) 413-3713.
Enjoy the sights, sounds and flavors of fall with entertainment, shopping and interactive activities in historic Headhouse Square, including:
12:00pm to 5:00pm
* Pumpkin decorating organized by Queen Village Art Center
* Open-air fall shopping with SSHD businesses and artists from PHAIR
* Free hayrides around Headhouse Square
* Storytelling by Headhouse Square Books
* Arts and crafts with Fleisher Art Memorial’s ColorWheels mobile art studio
* Outdoor eats and drinks from Cavanaugh’s Headhouse, Pbon’s Fresh Phood and Chewy’s food truck
* Dance preview of “Peter Pan” by Performance Art Center for Kids
1:00pm to 2:00pm, 3:00pm to 4:00pm
* Circus aerials and street performances by Airplay Entertainment and Philadelphia School of Circus Arts
2:00pm to 3:00pm
* Magic show by South Street Magic Shop
3:00pm to 5:00pm
* Live music by BridgeSet Sound South Street Ukele Club
Additionally, Brujo De la Mancha (artist, musician, and traditional Aztec dancer) will start an Ofrenda at the Headhouse Square Fountain. This altar will serve as a place for the community to place objects to honor their loved ones. It will run from Pumpkin Fall Fest through South Street’s Day of the Dead Festival and Parade on Sunday, November 2, 2014,
All activities are free and open to the public. Food and drink are pay-as-you-go. Beer and cocktails are available for those 21 and up only, with identification.
Visitors are encouraged to extend their outing and take advantage of the local South Street Headhouse District restaurants, shops and galleries that are running specials to coincide with the day’s festivities. Early specials include:
* Bridget Foy’s (200 South Street) – Enjoy tricks and treats with Bridget’s brand-new dessert menu, featuring Caramel Apple Cobbler, Cracker Jack Sundae, Red Velvet Donuts, Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Mint Parfait. Fall cocktails will include the Hot Toddy, Bridget’s Irish Coffee and Spanish Coffee.
* Spitalieri’s (613 E. Passyunk Avenue) – Come in and try the new fall and winter menu, with each entree you receive two complementary glasses of wine (two glasses per person, per entree)
* Tattooed Mom (530 South Street) – Sip on the Pumpkin Bumpkin, a specially created craft cocktail featuring pumpkin, Art in the Age Root, Guiness Stout, Fireball Whiskey, milk and nutmeg.