Pub & Kitchen to Host Les Dames d’Escoffier Women-Only Dinner
On Tuesday, March 6 at 6:30 p.m., stand-out gastropub Pub & Kitchen will host a forward-thinking Women-Only Dinner. Led by Chef de Cuisine Melissa McGrath, and working in partnership with Les Dames Philadelphia, the restaurant will celebrate women chefs and producers, from farmers to butchers to bakers, with a multi-course family-style meal. Tickets are strictly limited to 30 guests, and are expected to sell out; they are $45 for Les Dames Members and $55 for non-members, and are available online (click to purchase).
“I look forward to welcoming my friends and fellow women chefs and culinary professionals as we host an inclusive and delicious meal,” says Chef McGrath, who worked collaboratively with the other participants on the evening’s menu.
Guests will include:
- Ana Caballero, sustainability and outreach project manager for High Street Hospitality Group, who earned a degree in Food Studied from Italy’s University of Gastronomic Sciences and interned at Rene Redzepi’s Nordic Food Lab
- Jin Chua, sous chef at a.kitchen, who was born and raised in Singapore and later earned a B.A. in Culinary Arts after emigrating to the United States
- Tova du Plessis, James Beard Award-nominated baker of Essen Bakery
- Tama Matsuoka, founder and forager of Meadows and More, who is a graduate of Harvard Law School and the author of Foraged Flavor (Clarkson Potter, June 2012)
- Sue Miller, owner and cheesemaker of Birchrun Hills Farm
- Heather Thomason, owner and lead butcher of Primal Supply Meats
The evening’s menu will include:
- Spring Lettuces and Chicories with beet hummus, Birchrun Hills Clipper cheese, crispy quinoa, mint and lemon vinaigrette
- A Long Toast for the Table: whole grilled bread with pureed local beans, garlic cream, cured lardo and spring vegetable mignonette
- Poached Chicken in Aromatics, including Tama’s onion grass and other foraged goods, served with Jin’s Rice with Black Trumpet Mushrooms
- Smoked Chicken Consomme
- A Special Dessert from Tova