Sans Ben Stiller, you too can enjoy a night at the museum. That’s right, this coming March there will be an adults only overnight stay at the museum. The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University is hosting “Overnight for Adults” Saturday March 7th & 8th.
We all fantasized as kids what it would be like to sleep next to dinosaurs or take a midnight stroll past mummies. Well now it can become a reality. However, instead of cookies and milk guests will be treated to wine and beer and instead of ghost stories narrators will share stories of their creepy collections. During the overnight stay museum hosts will take guests behind the scenes and into the underbelly of the Academy to check out real skeletons and meet some of the live animals up close.
Aside from the guided tours the overnight stay also includes dinner and breakfast. Again this is an adults only event so you must be 21+ to attend. As for the price this museum adventure will cost $190 for members and $165 for non-members. So what is all included during the stay you ask? Well here are the highlights and itinerary:
- Drop your gear and enjoy a drink at the Science Live Bar
- Take behind-the-scenes tours to see some of the Academy’s 18 million specimens
- Encounter live animals like lizards, owls, scorpions, or skunks
- Watch a sci-fi flick at midnight in our auditorium
- Sleep in Dinosaur Hall
- Enjoy hot dinner and hot breakfast (with a mimosa!) courtesy of 12th Street Catering
- Get free full-day admission on Sunday
- 6:30 p.m. Check-in and Happy Hour
- 7 p.m. Time to explore: Behind-the-scenes tours, animal encounters, games
- 8–9 p.m. Fajita dinner
- 11 p.m. Live animal show
- 12 a.m. Midnight Movie
- 7–8 a.m. Oatmeal bar and mimosas
- 9 a.m. Your gear has to go, but you get admission to the museum all day
You can purchase your tickets to this event here.