It’s The One Year Anniversary of Prohibition Taproom’s Fried Chicken and Cider Tuesdays
On Tuesday, March 6th, Prohibition Taproom will celebrate its One Year Anniversary of Fried Chicken and Cider Tuesdays. For this special event, the fried chicken will be not only gluten-free, but celiac-friendly gluten-free (i.e. designated fryer just for the chicken, which apparently, a lot of places don’t do). In addition to their usual offering of a half or full portion ($16/$30), this night they’ll offer an optional $25 Prix Fixe menu utilizing naturally celiac friendly ingredients in a first and third course that will bookend the usual half order of fried chicken. The menu is still in progress, outside of the fried chicken.
A few exciting ciders and other drinks to pair will be:
- two new Shacksbury drafts (Ticonderoga & Yoder) offered in tasting or full sized pours;
- Shackbury’s Lost & Found poured by the glass (the cidery only makes 750ml bottles of this one);
- Boilermakers with any Shacksbury cans paired with a shot of Lairds Straight Apple brandy (oldest distillery in the US);
- Two apple-based cocktails;
- Something special for the beer lovers: Hermit Thrush Brewings “Brattlebeer”, a Wild Ale fermented with local Vermont apples.
All cider/beer offerings above will be 5oz or 10oz pours and will vary between $5 and $10.