La Peg Debuts Its Hay Bar Just in Time for Halloween!
On Tuesday, October 24, La Peg at FringeArts will debut Hay Bar, a limited-engagement outdoor bar crafted from massive bales of hay. Hay Bar will last for a limited time only, offering seasonal drink specials and carve-your-own pumpkins through Halloween,Tuesday, October 31.
“We love the view of the Ben Franklin Bridge from our Haas Biergarten far too much to limit it to warm-weather months,” says General Manager Brad Histand. “This fall, we invite all of our friends to join us for hard cider, warm fire pits, and of course, all things pumpkin spice at Hay Bar.”
The Hay Bar drink menu will include:
- Pumpkin Spice Mule, vodka and house-made pumpkin-ginger syrup with lime juice and club soda
- Spiked Hot Chocolate, with a choice of Bailey’s, peppermint schnapps or Fireball whiskey
- Mulled Red Wine with cinnamon, nutmeg, star anise, orange peel, cognac, allspice and clove
- Pumpkin beers: Neshaminy Creek Punkless Dunkel and Lake Front Pumpkin Lager
- House Red or White Wines
Hay Bar snacks will include:
- Fall Burger, 6-oz. patty on a Martin’s potato roll with mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and clothbound cheddar
- Sweet Potato Poutine, sweet potato fries with cheese curds and Montreal brown gravy
- Chicken Wings with chipotle buffalo sauce, scallions and pickled carrots
Hay Bar’s menu will be different from the full bar inside La Peg, and is offered exclusively outside. However, guests are encouraged to complement their Hay Bar beverages with food or drinks from inside, ordering at the bar and bringing them outdoors. There, they will also find Complimentary Carve-Your-Own Pumpkins, which they can decorate and add to the collaborative autumn decor of Hay Bar (limit one per guest). Guests’ pumpkins will be on display throughout Hay Bar’s limited run.
In addition to Hay Bar, guests can look forward to several fun fall FringeArts shows and events at La Peg:
- Prospero’s Ball on Thursday, October 26, an evening of masquerade, music, spirits, dining and “unexpected performance” with a Venetian Masquerade theme, with limited tickets available by invitation only
- Yappy Hour on Friday, October 27, the third installment in La Peg’s series of dog-friendly happy hours; pups and their people are encouraged to dress in costume for this autumn edition of the fun gathering (photo credit Christopher String; additional photos available upon request)
- Halloqweens on Saturday, October 28, an annual Halloween party hosted by La Peg favorite DJ Dame Luz
- Vampyr on Tuesday, October 31, from Not-So-Silent Cinema, with live musicians providing the score for a spooky 1930s silent film on the big screen in FringeArts’ theater adjacent to La Peg