Fun Things To Do In Philly – Are We Missing Something? Send Us Your Upcoming Philadelphia Events
Dino Drafts Beer Garden
October 26 @ 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 4:00pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until November 24, 2018
Join 12th St. Catering and the Academy of Natural Sciences for Dino Drafts: The Academy Beer Garden outside on the Parkway during Dinos After Dark. Come soak in the evening sun, play board games, and purchase beer or sample some mouthwatering bites (think tacos!) at the foot of a giant animatronic orchid mantis. The entire museum will be open with pay-what-you-wish admission (suggested donation is $10 per person). Families are welcome—and if you like, you can stop by for a drink and carry it with you as your group enjoys the museum. Partial proceeds from Dino Drafts: The Academy Beer Garden benefit the Academy of Natural Sciences.
Dinos After Dark – Thursday, August 23
- Catch a high-def live bug show
- Chat with a real bug scientist
- Make and take a creepy-crawly critter craft
- Visit Outside In, do a scavenger hunt and meet some of our amazing live animals and buggy boarders
- Immerse yourself in our tropical butterfly house
- Observe our technicians preparing real specimens in the Fossil Prep Lab
- Visit Xtreme Bugs
- Purchase drinks and food from the Academy Beer Garden: Dino Drafts
- Skip the line and preregister online!
Live Bug Shows at 5:30 and 7 p.m.
Take a high-definition look at what makes bugs beautiful, amazing and important. See bugs like you’ve never seen them before!
Meet the Entomologist
Talk with entomologist Shannon Sked from Western Pest, sponsor of our Xtreme Bugs exhibit, to explore careers in entomology. Take a closer look at some amazing insect specimens, and ask whatever insect questions are bugging you.
Live Bug Tables
Take a closer look at some of the most misunderstood and fascinating insects, arachnids and more! Visit live displays of our favorite insects and other invertebrates.
Buggy Make and Take
Make and take a creepy crawly critter craft.