7 Awesome Kid Friendly Halloween Events in Philly
As an adult, I know that the Halloween parties and bar crawls are a great time. However, for those with children let’s not forget who benefits the most with cool costumes and unlimited candy. The children of course. So for all the parents out there looking for cool and fun activities to do with their kids, check out our list of 7 awesome kid friendly Halloween events in Philly
October 6th-20th | Fairmount Park
The city of brotherly love will be GLOWING this fall. Right in the heart of the historic West Fairmount Park, thousands of hand carved jack o’ lanterns will light up the city this fall. Bring your family to this enchanting fall wonderland. Fun for all ages!
October 20th-21st | Chestnut Hill College
The 7th Annual Chestnut Hill Harry Potter Festival returns to Germantown Avenue with more room to roam, more treats to eat, and more fun for all. With an expanded festival footprint spanning 12 city-blocks and new designated family-friendly activity areas (conveniently located just off of Germantown Avenue) this year’s festival promises the same wizardry wonder of years passed, with the mischief managed.
Family Movie Night: Halloween Town
October 21st | Schmidt’s Commons
October 22nd-23rd | The Philadelphia Zoo
Philadelphia Zoo is adding a little green to your Halloween with the return of Boo at the Zoo! Bring your family and little ones for a day of spooky adventures:
- Put on your favorite costume and set out on a trick-or-treat safari!
- Take a walk through Philadelphia Zoo’s not-so-scary Extinction Graveyard to learn about the extinction of species around the world. You’ll be shocked to see that some of your favorite creatures could be extinct in the wild in 15 years!
- Enjoy festive fall offerings available for purchase throughout the Zoo: hot apple cider, reusable Boo at the Zoo trick-or-treat bags and much more!
- Run wild through our hay bale maze on Impala Lawn.
- Pose for a festive harvest picture in front of the giant pumpkin wall!
October 28th | Head House Shambles
Plenty of games, activities, live entertainment and food will be on-hand. This is one of Halloween’s biggest family event. You don’t want to miss it!
October 28th | Franklin Square
Create your own Halloween-themed bag, follow the map, and trick-or-treat throughout the park. FREE! Recommended for children 10 and under. Group reservations and participation are not available. Hop onboard the Lightning Bolt Express Train for a fall ride around the Square ($5 adults, $4 children).
October 29th | Spruce Hill (45th street between Baltimore and Larchwood)